Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
With the heavy rain that we've been having lately, SERVPRO of Bradley County helped our local residents and businesses with their water damaged properties. If recent storms have caused flooding or a pipe has burst, our highly trained technicians are ready 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to respond immediately to flood or water damage at your Cleveland property. We are water damage restoration specialists and are ready to restore your Hopewell home back to pre-water damage condition. We quickly extract the water and then dry your property using our state-of-the-art equipment. SERVPRO of Bradley County technicians use moisture monitoring equipment to effectively measure and document the drying process- this validates that your property has been dried properly and thoroughly to ensure your property is back to normal.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (423) 614-5552
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.