Fire Damage Board Up in Cleveland
The fire in the living room was caused by an unattended cigarette that scorched a wall, window casing, and the glass. Our SERVPRO fire & smoke restoration experts arrived quickly to mitigate the smoke and fire loss to the interior of this room. We secured the broken and damaged window opening with plywood against any vermin or rain. We wiped down the smoky walls and ceiling with dry sponge techniques and vacuumed, sanitized, and deodorized the HVAC system to prevent the migration of odors to other regions of the home. The owner was a contractor who then repaired and installed a new window unit after we had primed the smoke stained drywall with a special primer. He was very pleased with our fast response to close up and secure his Cleveland home.